Friday, 29 April 2016

Lolita Blog Carnival: Create a Coordinate Based on Your Favourite Flower

Hello bats! Long time no post.

My favourite flowers are sunflowers, but obviously that doesn't mesh well with gothic unless Mana decides that he's going to start wearing yellow. Roses are a close second, so naturally I had to pull up my favourite Moitie rose-print florals for this challenge! I find it very difficult to work with florals in gothic coords, so this was tricky but fun.

The challenge only calls for making a single coordinate, but I decided to make two. This is because digging through Lolibrary is infinitely more pleasant than revising for my infectious disease control final.


†  Antique China Roses

Dress: Moi-meme-Moitie Rose Printed Gathered Sundress (White x Navy)
Blouse: Moi-meme-Moitie Holy Cross Collar Blouse (White)
Headdress: Moi-meme-Moitie Blue Bouquet Headdress (White x Navy)
Socks: Moi-meme-Moitie Blue Rose OTKs (White x Navy)
Shoes: Metamorphose Heel Strap Platform Shoes (White)
Necklace: Moi-meme-Moitie Metal Rose and Cross Necklace

This coordinate reminds me of old-fashioned blue and white china, hence the name. Also, I love the Meta stripper shoes more than life itself.


Grey-veyard Roses


Dress: Moi-meme-Moitie Monochrome Rose Sundress
Headdress: Moi-meme-Moitie Holy Cross Headdress (Black x Silver)
Blouse: Moi-meme-Moitie Holy Cross Blouse (Black x Silver)
Socks: Moi-meme-Moitie Holy Cross Lace-Up OTKs (Black)
Shoes: Metamorphose Heel Strap Platform Shoes (Black)
Necklace: Moi-meme-Moitie Cross Rose Pendant

Haha, get it?! Grey-ve? Grave? Because it's grey, like a gravestone?...I'll see myself out.

Anyway, I really adore the Holy Cross line that MMM put out a few years ago. The metallic silver trim on the lace is quite bright and lovely in person. I thought it'd look very striking against the greys in the Monochrome Rose JSK.

 

Please visit the other lovely bloggers who have written on this topic! 

4 comments:

  1. You have a very punny sense of humour, I like it ;)

    I rally love that first coord in particular, and yeah, those stripper heels are phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I'm secretly hoping that the stripper heels to come back into style again!

      Delete
  2. I already had a chuckle at the meta shoes comment, so you got me twice with grey-veyard. Beautiful coords!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad someone enjoys my dumb puns :)

      Delete