Friday, 14 July 2017

Lolita Blog Carnival: Plans Derailed! 5 Things In My Wardrobe That Just Didn't Work


In today’s edition of the Lolita Blog Carnival, I’ll be discussing a few pieces in my wardrobe that didn’t work out quite as planned!

I’ve had my fair share of duds in my wardrobe over the years. To be completely honest, I can’t even remember all the things I bought and ended up selling. But I’ve noticed 2 patterns: I sell all of my Taobao/indie dresses after only a few wears, and I’ve literally sold every AatP item I’ve even had. I feel like my problem is that I fall in love with a print’s illustration, only to find that the cut is not flattering on me or the print does not translate very well into a life-sized dress.




1) AatP - Vampire Prelude
I have a love-hate relationship with AatP’s Vampire series….and with AatP in general. I’m a huge vampire fan (again, surprising no one) and the illustrations are beautiful. I just don’t feel like the illustration translated very well to the dress – it looks a little too full and busy, especially with the ivory areas on the black background. I prefer prints to be a little more muted, I guess. I’ve settled for using the print as my phone wallpaper. If I were to try it again again, I’d buy the ivory version. It’s still too busy for my personal taste, but I think it’s less jarring than the black version.

 
2) Ista Mori - Nameless Poem
I really love the whole gothic nun aesthetic (surprising absolutely no one), so I snapped up this dress as soon as I could. It’s gorgeous…but it’s not gorgeous on me. I’m short and slim with broad shoulders, and the dress just didn’t suit my body shape at all. I guess I’m going to have to just wait until I see another Moitié Nun OP on auctions…

† † †


3) Sweet Pirate Addiction Rose
Yet again, I fell in love with a print in a cut that didn’t look good on me. The dress also had some sewing quality issues and I wasn’t a huge fan of how the print looked in person. They released a cut with corset lacing about a week after I bought mine, but I decided to just let it go.
I actually found an old floordinate photo I made! This was such a long time ago…I have so many more accessories now!


† † †



4) Moi-même-Moité Holy Stained Glass JSK
Something about this dress is just distinctly unflattering on me. I feel like the bodice is just a tiny bit too long and the hemline is a little too low. It’s not terrible, but it just looks…off. I truly love the print and the cut of the dress is lovely, so I’m really determined to make it look good. I’ve been on the fence about selling it for a few months.

† † †


5) Écailles de Lune Black Goat of the Woods
I bought this dress to twin with a friend of mine. It looks amazing on her but it’s a bit goofy-looking on me. The bodice is very…tube-like on me because my bust is pretty small. You need a little bit of boob to fill out the bodice properly. I covered it up with a corsage but it definitely doesn’t look right. I’m also 155 cm tall so even in heels it comes down below my knees. It’s such a beautiful dress but I feel like it was designed for someone a few inches taller with actual boobs.


 † † †

Check out these bloggers' take on this LBC topic!

Vanilla Bear
Cupcake Kamisama's Lolita World
Crimson Reflections

No comments:

Post a Comment