Saturday, 29 August 2015

August Coordinates

Like I mentioned in another post, I didn't actually get a full coordinate together until July, but somehow between then and now I managed to get a sizeable collection of pieces (R.I.P. wallet). Now I can actually wear lolita or aristocrat reasonably often! I'm so excited. I'm looking forward to wearing it at least 2-3 times a week.

That said, I was not excited about it being August. As a goth, I'm already used to the suffering that is a Toronto summer, but not while wearing layers of frills. Granted, it hasn't been too unbearable this year, but still...

Anyway, onto the coordinates!

† † †


JSK: Moi-même-Moitié (Frame Cross Lace-Up JSK II)
Blouse: Ista Mori
Socks: Metamorphose
Bag: Offbrand
Shoes: Antaina
Beret, Hairband, and Jewellery: Offbrand

This is my first-ever coordinate! I still feel like it could use some work, but for the most part I'm pretty happy with it even though I could use some more gold accessories on top - maybe I'll wear gold hairpins or something.

† † †


Jacket: Atelier Boz
JSK: Sheglit (Gracious Flare Underbust JSK)
Blouse: Ista Mori 
Socks: Moi-même-Moitié
Bag: Moi-même-Moitié
Shoes: Antaina
Jewellery: Offbrand
 
Just a simple, comfy outfit for walking around town. It was strangely cold even though it was the middle of August, hence the jacket. I feel like the jacket works best with long layers, but I like how it looks with a shorter skirt.

† † †


Skirt: Moi-même-Moitié  (Gothic Arch)
Blouse: Offbrand
Socks: Moi-même-Moitié
Bag: Moi-même-Moitié
Shoes: Bodyline 
Jabot: Marble
Fascinator and Jewellery: Offbrand

I had a lot of errands to do that day, so I put together a simple, comfy coordinate. Skirt coords are so underrated - a lot of people hate coordinating skirts because it's a little trickier than coordinating a JSK or OP, but they're also more versatile.Way more comfortable in summer, too. It was pretty hot out so I couldn't stand wearing a JSK.

Side note, I love it when my hair matches my outfit! As a sign of devotion to our lord and savior Mana, I've dyed it Moitié blue. Mostly because it was purple before and it kept clashing with my outfits.

† † †


Bolero: BPN
OP: Moi-même-Moitié (Royal Gate)
Tights: Offbrand
Bag: Moi-même-Moitié
Shoes: Antaina
Hairband and Jewellery: Offbrand

Had an awesome meetup with my comm that day! We rented a photo studio and practiced posing and taking photos. I've never been very photogenic so while I definitely improved, I'll still never photograph well. Who knew it was so hard to pose? Jojo poses, while awesome, are not exactly the most elegant/humanly possible (or comfortable in 4 inch platforms).

† † †

Thank you for reading~ and of course any constructive criticism is welcome! I'm still new to lolita. It's one thing to lurk comms and look at outfit photos, but putting together a coordinate on your own is something new entirely and I'm still not that good at it yet.

2 comments:

  1. I think you look great. I wouldn't have thought that you were that new to the fashion just judging by the pictures.

    It's also great seeing this style of gothic which has become so rare now since it has been replaced with sweet and classic in black.

    My favorites are your first coord and the one with the Sheglit dress and Boz jacket. Your hair works really well with that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :)

      Haha, I'm glad someone else is starting to miss when gothic was, well, gothic.

      Delete